Thursday, December 23, 2010

Yanks Discussing Manny

In what can only be described as a true sign of the times in the Bronx, the Yankees are having internal discussions about the possibility of signing Manny Ramirez. 

Brian Cashman must have a death wish.  First of all, the Yanks have actually taken their time developing Brett Gardner to be their everyday left fielder (an absolute rarity in Yankeeland, player development).  Gardner rewarded them with a .277 average over 150 games.  Not bad for a guy in his first full big league season.  The Yanks, if they pull the trigger on this, will either deal Gardner or destroy his confidence, while putting a guy out in left who can't field, can't stay healthy and doesn't hit like he used to.  Oh yeah he's also a nightmare in the clubhouse. 

So you say to me, why not use Manny as the DH?  Simple, because you are already paying Jorge Posada a ton of money to be your everyday DH at this point and you can't move him back behind the plate because you are also paying Russell Martin too much money to be your everyday catcher. 

The Yankees are shaping up to be a complete fucking mess by opening day.  The only thing more funny than this would be for them to sign (and overpay) Manny and then watch Andy Pettite retire. 

1 comment:

  1. I honestly never thought that would ever happen. I thought they had all the money in the world and they were never going to be a bad team. I guess I was wrong. The Yankees will not make the playoffs right now and as I see it, they may be the 4th best team in the East and that is technically last place because the Orioles need to join another league... Like AA...
    Everyone has improved in the East, minus the Yankees and I love to see it. There is no more rivalry between the Yanks and Sox. I know come summer time when I have a chance to tee it up or watch the sox-yanks.. I say FOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE...

    Except if I am in New York, because they spent great tax dollars last week to bring this issue to courts. Thank God that New York made it a law that you DO NOT have to say FORE when playing golf.. FUCKING LOSERS.. I HATE THAT STATE...

    ReplyDelete