Friday, January 14, 2011

Weekend Pick Off

Seriously, I went 0-4 last weekend.  That shit is hard to do.  Hopefully better this week...

The pick in bold.

Jets (+8) @ Patriots
This game is personal for Rex Ryan.  Apparently every game is personal at this point for Rex Ryan.  I fully expect that the Jets sideline will be setting up walls on the sideline and doing every sneaky bullshit thing that they can do to win.  Except, as many people already know, the Patriots have Tom Brady.  They match up ridiculously well on the Jets, who pride themselves on their lock down corner backs.  Well unless Antonio Cromartie figures out how to lock down a tight end he give up about a hundred pounds to and unless Tom Brady goes crazy and decides that he's gonna actually incorporate Brandon Tate in the offense while Darrelle Revis is covering him, that lock down secondary isn't gonna mean shit.  Also, I am calling this game the Woodhead Revenge Bowl.  Look for Danny-boy to have a "Fuck You, Rex" kind of performance.  The pick is the Patriots, and it won't be close.

Seahawks (+10) @ Bears
I find this to be too many points to lay on the Bears considering they didn't even beat Seattle during the regular season.  Besides, Seattle looks bona fide good against New Orleans.  I am not sure the New Orleans game wasn't fool's gold but I don't trust Jay Cutler to run anyone out.  I feel like there is a better than average chance that the Bears will win this game, at home, in the cold but that doesn't mean I think laying a 10 spot on the Bears is sane betting.  The pick is Seattle, who will still lose this game outright but do so competitively. 

Packers (+2.5) @ Falcons
I fully admit to waffling back and forth on this pick over the past few days.  The teams are remarkably evenly matched if Green Bay's newly discovered running game is the genuine article.  The game is indoors, so the elements won't factor.  Here is my logic...  The Falcons went 13-3 in a very good division (I know, Carolina sucks but everyone else was rock solid).  The game is in Atlanta.  The Falcons are rested.  The crowd is going to be pumped.  My last argument for Atlanta is that I think Mike Smith is a very good coach and I think Mike McCarthy isn't.  At the end of the day, Atlanta as a team will do enough to be in a position to win the game in the 4th quarter and that's all you can hope for.  The pick is the Falcons, who will win the game and the 2.5 point spread isn't a lot to lay if you think that the team will win outright. 

Ravens (+3.5) @ Steelers
The Ravens looked awfully good in their dismantling of the Chiefs last week.  I really thought that game had upset special written all over it and yet the Ravens absolutely destroyed KC.  The Steelers are a completely different animal, I know, but these two teams play tough, competitive games that are often decided by a field goal or less.  I really don't have a clue who will win this game but I suspect it will be by less than a field goal.  The pick is Baltimore, because I don't want to lay points on either one of these teams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment